- Golfers of all abilities can find their grooves at a local Aspen golf course.
- Aspen offers award-winning public and private courses with unparalleled vista views.
- Generally, area golf courses open in May and shut-down for the winter season in early-October.
After (or before) taking advantage of all the hiking, biking, fishing and rafting available in Aspen's Roaring Fork Valley, one should not overlook the area's manicured greens. Treat yourself to a day on the links.
Where to Go Golfing
The Roaring Fork Valley provides 4 local golf courses on which one could perfect his or her swing. While 2 of these 18-hole golf courses are part of private clubs that prohibit public access (unless you are the guest of a member), the other 2 golf courses offer tee times to the public.
Aspen Golf Club
- Location: Just a few miles west of town by the roundabout at 39551 Highway 82, Aspen, CO 81611. For information and tee times call Pro Shop: (970) 429-1949
- Course Description: This municipal 18-hole golf course provides a driving range, putting green, cart rental, full-service lockers and private lessons. Each hole has 4 sets of tees to accomodate all skill levels. The course, measuring just over 7000 yards, is characterized by water at almost every hole. The season runs from April to October, depending on weather, with operational hours from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. with special earlier hours during the heart of the summer season
- Greens Fees: Rates vary thoughout the season, ranging from $29-$129. The course offers Twilight rates for tee times after 3 p.m. Rates include cart rental and a bucket of balls.
- Location: Travelling on Highway 82 W past the airport, turn left on Brush Creek Road, continue on Highline Road and turn right on Snowmass Club Circle for entrance to the club. The course is located at 0446 Clubhouse Drive, Snowmass Village, CO 81615. For more information call the clubhouse at (970) 923-5700.
- Course Description: The par 72 course, measuring just over 7000 yards, was designed by Jim Engh. While club membership is necessary for full access to the course, tee times are available to the public after 1 p.m. The season runs from late-May to early-October.
- Greens Fees: Please call the clubhouse for more information.
Maroon Creek Club (Private)
- Location: Three miles west of town, off Highway 82, at 10 Club Circle, Aspen, CO 81611. Call (970) 920-1533 for more information about the course and membership.
- Course Description: This private club offers access to its par 70 golf course, designed by Tom Fazio and measuring 7100 yards, to members only (and their guests)
- Greens Fees: Call (970) 920-1533 for information regarding membership.
Roaring Fork Club (Private)
- Location: Located off Highway 82 West of Aspen, at 100 Arbaney Ranch, Basalt, CO 881621. For information regarding the course, call the pro shop at (970) 927-9100.
- Course Description: This private, 18-hole, par 72 course was designed by none other than golf great Jack Nicklaus. With 5 holes located on the Roaring Fork River and an east-west orientation that allows for optimum light at all times of day, this is the area's premier golf course.
- Greens Fees: This members-only course takes things one step further: membership is by invitation only. Good luck!
Rentals & Gear
Each golf course has a pro shop that can outfit all your needs for an enjoyable experience on the greens. Contact information is provided above. Sporting goods stores in Aspen can also provide essentials such as balls and clubs.