- Aspen Airport (ASE) is 3 miles from the city center.
- Grand Junction Airport (GJT) is 128 miles from Aspen.
- Vail Eagle Airport (EGE) is 95 miles from Aspen.
- Denver International Airport (DEN) is 183 miles from Aspen.
Aspen/Pitkin County Airport
Flying into Aspen Airport makes it easy to reach one of your favorite vacation destinations and enjoy many Colorado Rocky Mountain outdoor recreational opportunities at any time of year.
- Airport Code: ASE
- Location: Aspen/Pitkin (Sardy Field) is located only three miles northwest of the center of Aspen, along Highway 82.
Delta – Atlanta and Salt Lake City (seasonal for both cities)
Frontier – Denver
United – Chicago (seasonal), Denver, Los Angeles (seasonal) and San Francisco (seasonal)
American - Los Angeles (seasonal), Dallas/Fort Worth (seasonal)
- Airport Services: Pitkin County Airport has full services for travelers, including a full-service restaurant, a bar, gift shop, newspaper racks, lockers, courtesy phones, restroom facilities, and public telephones. You’ll also find an ATM, car rentals, as well as both short and long-term parking.
- Getting To/From the Airport
The Aspen/Pitkin County Airport provides convenient access to the slopes of Aspen. To get from the airport into Aspen is simple. You can take a bus, limo or rent a car.
Taking the Bus: Right in front of the airport, you’ll find the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority bus service from Aspen/Pitkin County Airport to Aspen as well as other towns in the Roaring Fork Valley. The bus departs at 6:01 am and every half hour until 5:01 pm and every 15 minutes from 5:01 to 1:01 am. Riding this bus is free.
Rental cars: Alamo, Dollar, Avis, Enterprise, Budget, Hertz
Walker Field Grand Junction Airport
Walker Field Grand Junction Airport puts you in the heart of the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, providing you access to everything Aspen and surrounding areas have to offer.
- Airport Code: GJT
- Location: Walker Field is located only one mile from I-70 off exit 31. It’s a 2-hour and 13-minute drive (128 miles) to Aspen. You take I-70 East towards Denver and take the Glenwood Springs (#116) exit and get on Colorado Highway 82. Follow that right into Aspen.
Allegiant Airlines: Las Vegas (non-stop) and Los Angeles (non-stop)
American Airlines: Dallas/Ft. Worth and Phoenix (non-stop)
Delta Connection/Skywest: Salt Lake City (non-stop)
United Express/Skywest: Denver (non-stop)
- Airport Services: Grand Junction Walker Field offers plenty of parking and is close to motels and hotels, if you are planning to spend the night. Inside the airport you’ll find a restaurant and gift shop.
- Getting To/From the Airport:
Bus or Taxi: The bus or a taxi is best if you will be staying in Grand Junction before embarking for your Rocky Mountain adventures. You can take a taxicab into town, the rates ranging from $5 to $15 depending on your destination in town. Bus fares into Grand Junction are $1.
Car Rentals: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, National, Enterprise
Vail Eagle County Airport
Just a short drive from Aspen, Eagle County Airport allows you to travel quickly into the heart of the Colorado Rockies.
- Airport Code: EGE
- Location: Eagle County Regional Airport is located off of US Highway 6 about 30 miles west of Vail, Colorado. To get from the airport to Aspen, you follow US Highway 6 to I-70 West and take exit 116 for Glenwood Springs. Get on Colorado Highway 82 and travel right into Aspen. It’s a one-hour and 30-minute drive.
American Airlines - (winter non-stop service) Chicago/O’Hare, Miami, Los Angeles, New York (Kennedy and LaGuardia); (winter, summer and fall non-stop service) Dallas/Ft. Worth.
Continental Airlines - (winter non-stop service) Houston (Bush and Newark).
Delta Air Lines - (winter non-stop service) Atlanta, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Cincinnati, Detroit.
United Airlines - (year-round service) Denver.
- Airport Services: Eagle County Regional Airport has all the big airport amenities, though small. Two main eateries offer pizza, gourmet coffees, sandwiches, soups as well as juices, smoothies and soft drinks. Stop at the tavern for drinks. You will find reading material, gifts, souvenirs and snacks at the gift shop. At the terminal, kids can play games and you’ll get free wireless Internet.
- Getting To/From the Airport:
Ground transportation is available from the airport to Aspen, with taxi services, mountain shuttles and limos, ranging in price anywhere from $64 per person to $425 for up to 8 people.
Rental Cars: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, National
Denver International Airport
Denver International Airport is renowned for its aesthetics and convenience to its passengers, as the fifth busiest airport in the United States and the tenth busiest in the world.
- Airport Code: DEN
- Location: Denver International Airport is 27 miles northeast of Denver, or a 35-minute drive to downtown. It’s easy to get from the Denver airport to Aspen, Colorado. E 75th Ave from the airport will take you to I-70 West. Go a little over 89 miles to exit 195, head south on Colorado Highway 91 to US Highway 24. After 43 miles on Highway 24, turn right on Colorado Highway 82, which will take you into Aspen. It’s a three-hour and 36-minute drive to Aspen or 183 miles.
- Airlines: All Major Airlines
- Airport Services:
Denver International is a large airport, and provides every service you can imagine. At any of the many eateries within the airport you can find things to tempt your palate, such as soft pretzels, ice cream, coffee and pastries, yogurt and sandwiches. Lounges are available to settle in with your favorite mixed drink or a refreshing beer. Grills, bistros and steakhouses, you’ll find exactly what you want.
There are 50 shops to explore, including galleries, gift shops, boutiques and specialty stores. You’ll find a post office, too, in case you have to mail any last minute items to friends or relatives. The airport also offers an exhibition program of changing art displays. View incredible sculptures and murals and much more.
- Getting To/From the Airport:
Car Rentals: All major car rental agencies can be found at the airport away from the main terminal.
Hotel Shuttles: If you will be spending the night in Denver, you’ll find many hotels offer courtesy shuttles to your lodging. If there is no shuttle to your hotel, taxi services are always available into Denver and outlying areas.